Shop

Blanquette

Calmel & Joseph Blanquette de Limoux

£17.00


Categories: , .

Limoux has a long association with sparkling wine, with the monks of  Saint-Hilaire thought to have made the first in 1532.

Blanquette de Limoux differs from the region’s other Crémant offerings as it is must consist of at least 90% Mauzac – a rare regional grape safeguarded by this stipulation in the AOC regulations. (The remaining 10% can consist of Chardonnay and/or Chenin Blanc – Calmel & Joseph use Chardonnay.)

This unusual grape produces a unique wine.

Calmel & Joseph have this to say about it- “This sparkling wine has a light golden hue and small, even, fast-moving bubbles. White fruit aromas (white peaches, pears) on the nose along with lively citrus notes. Smooth and balanced on the palate with agreeable acidity on the finish…perfect on its own, as an aperitif, or enjoyed with desserts.”

Jancis Robinson’s website describes it as follows –“Apple sherbet! Light and frothy and lacy and pretty. Finely spiced and baked apples with just an edge of citrus peel.”

We agree with both!

 

 

ABV

12%

Size

75cl

Country

France

Grape Variety

Chardonnay, Mauzac

Region

Languedoc

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Calmel & Joseph Blanquette de Limoux”