“La Lobeyra” (La Louvière) has existed since 1310, when Aquitaine was under English domination. It is named in an old register included in the “Gascon Calendars” kept by English civil servants.
The parish of Léognan, virtually unsettled at the time, was largely covered with trees and full of wolves. The latter undoubtedly accounts for the name La Louvière – ‘den of wolves’ in French!
Fast-forward to the modern day and the chateau was acquired by Bordeaux superstar Andre Lurton in 1965, whereupon he set about regaining its former prestige.
La Louvière’s red wine is full and complex with a dark colour and an elegant bouquet, showing delicate hints of oak.
Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot